Syntax error, but where?

От Michael Trausch
Тема Syntax error, but where?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey guys,

I'm having a slight problem with this database that I'm trying to setup
on PostgreSQL 8.1.3... What I've got is a stored procedure that refuses
to get itself into the system, and I'm not sure why.  It is throwing a
syntax error on DECLARE, but I don't see it.  I looked at the
documentation, and as far as I can tell, my CREATE FUNCTION line looks
just as it should in structure, as does the CREATE TYPE line that is
immediately before it.

Any ideas?

The code that is failing is:

================

CREATE TYPE app_global.city_list AS (zip_code CHAR(5), city_name
VARCHAR(40), state_abbr CHAR(2), distance_miles NUMERIC(6,3));

--
-- Stored Procedures in app_global
--

CREATE FUNCTION app_global.get_zip_codes_range(zip_code CHAR(5),
range_miles NUMERIC(4,1)) RETURNS SETOF city_list AS $$FUNC_BODY$$

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Mike