Postgresql performance

От CHEWTC@ap.nec.com.sg
Тема Postgresql performance
Дата
Re: Postgresql performance
Список pgsql-performance
Hi

Currently we are running Postgresql v7.3.2 on Redhat Linux OS v9.0. We have
Windows2000 client machines inserting records into the Postgresql tables
via ODBC.

After a few weeks of usage, when we do a \d at the sql prompt, there was a
duplicate object name, ie it can be a duplicate row of index or table.
When we do a \d table_name, it will show a duplication of column names
inside the table.

It doesnt affect the insertion/updating of the tables, but when we do a
pg_dump  -Da -t <table_name> <db_name> > /exp/<table_name>.sql, it will not
do a proper backup/dump.

Do we need to apply any patches or maintenace?

Please be informed that NEC Singapore Pte Ltd is now known as NEC Solutions
Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
Our address and contact numbers remain.
Email:  chewtc@ap.nec.com.sg
http://www.nec.com.sg/ap