Re: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE

От Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org
Тема Re: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Which means everytime I create a new table or a new schema, I have to run the script again, right?

Thanks.

Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>

08/17/2005 09:08 AM
Please respond to olly

        To:        Zuoxin Wang/CA/KAIPERM@Kaiperm
        cc:        agold@cbamedia.com, pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
        Subject:        Re: [ADMIN] GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 08:14 -0700, Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org wrote:

> Could you tell us what is the best way to grant a user who can select
> all data from all tables, if I don't like to write a script which
> Andrew memtioned earlier.

Here's a quick way to generate a script and then run it, all from within
a psql session.  This grants all privileges on all visible tables to a
user called that_user.  It works by generating the commands and writing
them to a file, then executing that file as an SQL script:

$ psql -d my_database
\a
\t
\o /tmp/grant_privileges
select 'GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ' || c.relname || ' TO that_user;' from
pg_catalog.pg_class AS c LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace AS n ON n.oid
= c.relnamespace where relkind = 'r' AND n.nspname NOT IN ('pg_catalog',
'pg_toast') AND pg_catalog.pg_table_is_visible(c.oid);
\o
\i /tmp/grant_privileges

--
Oliver Elphick                                          olly@lfix.co.uk