Re: Requirements for a database server

От Robert.Farrugia@go.com.mt
Тема Re: Requirements for a database server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Currently we are using a PowerEdge 2400 server, 1 Gb RAM, dual-processor.
We have 5 x 36GB SCSI disks at RAID 5 for the database and one 36GB disk
for the WAL files, logging , os, etc.

Postgres configuration is set to
sort_mem = 65536
fsync = false
shared_buffers = 1000

The database consist of 6 main tables (plus some other additional ones,
which are not that large, but used in joins with main table).
Largest table consists of almost 15GB of data (spread over 15 files).  It
has four main indexes comprising another 13GB of data.

As operating system we're using Redhat 7.1 with the SMP kernel.

Regards
Robert

                    "Andy Samuel"
                    <andysamuel@geoc        To:     <Robert.Farrugia@go.com.mt>
                    ities.com>              cc:
                                            Subject:     Re: [ADMIN] Requirements for a database server
                    18/07/2001 10:06

Robert

The size of your db makes me very interested.  May I know your currrent
computer configuration ( Processor, memory, etc ) ?  And also the
configuration of your PostgreSQL.
Please feel free you post them at the ADMIN forum since it will be very
useful to others.

Best regards
Andy