How to manage/tune PostGres

От Philippe Lefevre
Тема How to manage/tune PostGres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

My company mainly use Oracle as database but we would like to make some
tries with some open source database.
I think PostGreSQL might be candidate for our project.
I read several documents on it, but I wasn't able to find any infos on what
are exactly the needs, in term of administration,
and, if any, how to manage/tune that database in a production context. Are
there any graphical tools to do this ?
(like OEM for example)
MySQL, an other open source database, is available. What are the reasons
that makes me happy to put my choice on PostGreSQL ?
Thank you in advance for any info.
PhL

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.