Re: Determining current WAL

От thomas.revell@powerconv.alstom.com
Тема Re: Determining current WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
OK, thanks.

thomas.revell@powerconv.alstom.com writes:
> I'm currently looking at using WAL / PITR backups for a database, and I
> need to keep the backups as up to date as possible. As such, keeping a
> copy of the current WAL file, as suggested in the manual, would seem to
be
> a very good idea. I'm slightly confused, though, about which file is the

> current. I had assumed that it would always be the highest numbered,

No.  Go with the most-recently-modified.  Segment files are normally
created (or renamed into place) in advance of being needed.

There should probably be a cleaner/more reliable way of identifying
the active file ...

                                                 regards, tom lane

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.