user name doesn't seem to resolve to $user in search_path

От frank.messie@osix.nl
Тема user name doesn't seem to resolve to $user in search_path
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I am a newbie in postgresql.

I have a problem with the following.
I start psql as user "testusr" in database "testdb"
In the database I have created a schema with the name of a user
CREATE SCHEMA testusr ;
The search_path is the default               $user,public
Then I create a table
CREATE TABLE test (name char(8)) ;

Now I get the error message "No namespace have been selected to create in".

If I change the search_path as follows
SET search_path To testusr;

the table create works.

I also have a problem with resetting the searchpath with

SET search_path TO $user.
The $ sign gives an error.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

Vriendelijke groeten, Kind regards,
Frank Messie
Osix/Systems B.V.
Office:   Bikbergerweg 18, 1272 PM Huizen, The Netherlands
Mail:     Postbox 5006, 1410 AA Naarden, The Netherlands
Phone:    +31(0)356946010                  Fax:  +31(0)356951802
Email:    frank.messie@osix.nl              Homepage: www.osix.nl

This is an e-mail message from The Osix Group. The information contained in this
communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed. Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If
the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please destroy it without
reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
Sender accepts no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which
are communicated by electronic mail.