Re: Query about index usage

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Query about index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> PostgreSQL can't currently avoid reading the table, because that's
> where the tuple visibility information is stored.  We've been making
> progress toward having some way to avoid reading the table for all
> except very recently written tuples, but we're not there yet (in any
> production version or in the 9.0 version to be released this
> summer).
Thank you for all the replies. I am learning PostgreSQL and figuring out
which of the standard techniques for tuning queries in Oracle works in
PostgreSQL as well. Thank you.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."