postgreSQL Version 7.2 for SuSE Linux

От juerg.rietmann@pup.ch
Тема postgreSQL Version 7.2 for SuSE Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello there

In my current project, we have postgres 7.0.x running for half a year now.
In the db, there is one table that causes problems.
This table has 66 columns and 1700 rows. SQL select's are 8 times slower
than normal when the problem starts. Is there a way to see why the
performance ist getting slower and slower. (I raised the buffer size for
postmaster) I tried to regenerate the indexes, didn't help.

In the news I read about the possibility to run vaccum/analyze without
stopping the db with versein 7.2 of postgres. Is there a date when this
release will be ready. In the next project in March, I'd like to have this
feature.

Tx ... jr

PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland