problem in logging into database

От ankit.mehrotra@tcs.com
Тема problem in logging into database
Дата
Re: problem in logging into database  ("Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

I am new to using postgres. I working on version 8.0.

I have created a number of users in the database but I am not able to log into it using any of them, where in logging into using user postgres is successfull .... the commands that i am using are

-- createuser -a -d -P "username"

for logging into , i am using
-- psql -U "username"

In all the references online, it says that the process shud work.
The postmaster service and databases are running.

and any attachments. Thank you