Re: pg_hba.conf issue

От Ritu Khetan
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What does ::1/128 signify?

Regards,
Ritu

                            Tom Lane
                 <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
                            Sent by:                                    To
             pgsql-admin-owner@postg         Ritu Khetan
                           resql.org         <RKhetan@crisil.com>
                                                                        cc
                                             pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
                 02/07/2007 09:08 PM                               Subject
                                             Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf issue

Ritu Khetan <RKhetan@crisil.com> writes:
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
> # IPv6 local connections:
> #host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
> #host    all         all         172.21.42.121/24               trust
> host    all         all         172.21.51.56/24               trust

> While this works at most of the locations, we have a peculiar error
coming
> up at 2-3 locations. The error reads:

> no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1" , user "crisil" , database "crisil" ,
> SSL off "

No surprise: you have the IPv6 line commented out.  Dunno why these
particular boxes are preferring IPv6 to IPv4, maybe something different
about the local DNS environment?  Anyway, there is no point in refusing
to serve ::1/128 if you're accepting 127.0.0.1.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Disclaimer :
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
pleasedelete the message (including any attachments) from your system without using, transmitting or storing it. Please
alsoimmediately inform the sender. E-mails are not secure and may suffer from errors, viruses, unauthorized
interceptions/ amendments. CRISIL and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for loss or damage caused by this
e-mailand may monitor e-mail traffic.