Parameters for PostgreSQL

От Jayadevan M
Тема Parameters for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Parameters for PostgreSQL
Список pgsql-performance
Hello all,
We are planning to test one of our products, which works with Oracle, on PostgreSQL.  The database size is about 100 GB. It is a product with a not-so-high load ( about 10 tps - mostly read). My doubts are about PostgreSQL settings. For Oracle, we give about 4 GB SGA (shared buffer) and 1.5 GB PGA (sum of session-specific memory). The machine configuration is
Opteron 2CPU * 4cores @ 2.3GHz
16GB  RAM
OS Solaris10 x64

So far I have changed the following settings in postgresql.conf

shared_buffers = 2GB
temp_buffers = 8MB
work_mem = 16MB
maintenance_work_mem = 32MB
wal_level = archive
checkpoint_segments = 10
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.7
archive_mode = on
effective_cache_size = 6GB
log_destination = 'csvlog'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = '/backup/datapump/pgdata/log'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
log_rotation_age = 1d
client_min_messages = notice
log_min_messages = warning
log_min_duration_statement = 3000

Could you please let me know the parameters I should pay attention to? Do the settings mentioned above look OK?
We are suing weblogic. Should we let weblogic manage the connection pool or try something else?

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."