Execution from java - slow

От Jayadevan M
Тема Execution from java - slow
Дата
Re: Execution from java - slow
Список pgsql-performance
Hello all,

I have a plpgsql function that takes a few seconds (less than 5) when executed  from psql. The same function, when invoked from java via a prepared statement takes a few minutes. There are a few queries in the function. Out of these, the first query takes input parameters for filtering the data. It is this query which takes a long time when the procedure is invoked from java. To ensure that the query does use actual values (and not bind variables) for optimization, we used

execute
'
select x.col_type_desc,x.acc_id,acc_svr from (.....
'
using d_from_date,d_to_date

It did not help. Any suggestions? It is from_date and to_date on which data gets filtered. We are using the same values for filtering, when we execute it from java/psql

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."