Re: Out of shared mem on new box with more mem, 9.1.5 -> 9.1.6

От Martin French
Тема Re: Out of shared mem on new box with more mem, 9.1.5 -> 9.1.6
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

http://explain.depesz.com/s/Epzq
http://explain.depesz.com/s/WZo

> The settings ( "select name, setting from pg_settings where source <>
> 'default' and name not like 'log%' and name not like 'ssl%' and name
> not like 'syslog%'" ) are almost identical
> (max_pred_locks_per_transaction itself is at the default):
>
> 17c17
> <  effective_cache_size         | 1530000
> ---
> >  effective_cache_size         | 337500
> 38c38
> <  shared_buffers               | 424960
> ---
> >  shared_buffers               | 93696
>
> The kernels are both 2.6.32. The workload has not changed
> significantly. Could something in 9.1.6 be to blame here? Looking at
> the changelog, this seems vanishingly unlikely. Any ideas?

What are the settings for:

work_mem
maintenance_work_mem

How many concurrent connections are there?

Have you ran explain analyze on the query that doesn't crash (i.e the old box) to get the exact execution plan?

Has the DB been vacuum analyzed?

Cheers

Romax Technology Limited
Rutherford House
Nottingham Science & Technology Park
Nottingham,
NG7 2PZ
England

Telephone numbers:
+44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)

For other office locations see:
http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
=================================
===============
E-mail: info@romaxtech.com
Website:
www.romaxtech.com

Confidentiality Statement
This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf of the addressee
you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.