Re: Strange Join question

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: Strange Join question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Can you do
select table2.f1, table1.name
from table1,table2
where table1.id =
table 2.id and table2.id = 2
GROUP BY table2.f1, table1.name;

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-422-1610 office
HatcherPT - AIM

                    Noah Silverman

                    <noah@allresearch.com>             To:     pgsql-performance@postgresql.org

                    Sent by:                           cc:

                    pgsql-performance-owner@post       Subject:     [PERFORM] Strange Join question

                    gresql.org

                    01/17/2003 09:28 AM

Hi,

I have a challenging (for me) SQL question:

Two tables
(Note: these are fictitious, the real tables actually make sense, so no
need to re-design our table structure)

Table 1
id | name | count
------------------------
1 |   foo    |  10
1 |   foo    |  20
2 |  bar     |  100

Table 2
id  | f1  | f2  | t1ref
-----------------------
1  | 10  |  20 | 1
2  | 50  | 40  | 2

The question:

I want to do the following select:
select table2.f1, table1.name   from table1,table2 where table1.id =
table 2.id and table2.id = 2;

The problem is that I really only need the name from table2 returned
once.  With this query, I get two records back.  Clearly this is
because of the join that I am doing.  Is there a different way to
perform this join, so that I only get back ONE record from table1 that
matches?

Thanks,

-Noah

Сообщение: Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow
Сообщение: Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow