Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Дата
Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Список pgsql-performance
Greg,

I posted this link under a different thread (the $7k server thread).  It is
a very good read on why SCSI is better for servers than ATA.  I didn't note
bias, though it is from a drive manufacturer.  YMMV.  There is an
interesting, though dated appendix on different manufacturers' drive
characteristics.

http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf

Enjoy,

Rick