MSSQL to PostgreSQL

От Sidar Lopez Cruz
Тема MSSQL to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What do i got to do, when i pass information from mssql to PostgreSQL,

1. i got a text file with this information..
"1-0101-0202","SOME PEOPLE NAME",3
this file format was exported from mssql, to text file...
the table definition in PostgreSQL is
create table sujetos (cedula varchar(20), nombre varchar(200), id_tipo_doc bigint);

when i use the command copy into sujetos from ...
i got an error like int8 error .... from PostgreSQL

I try to conver the windows special characters, whit tr in linux, and awk, to form sql syntax and then execute the file with \i in postgresql, but i got an error, because the number of records in text file is 5,000,000

I don't know how to solve the problem...

2. how configure my PostgreSQL to manages dates like (mm/dd/yyyy), or what i got to do?

:-) Sidar Lopez Cruz
- Cero Riesgo, S.A.