Another WAL question

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Another WAL question
Дата
Another WAL question (sort of)
Список pgsql-admin
Robert F. mentioned that there is a config parameter controlling the number
of WAL files in postgresql.conf.

I just looked at the Doc on this & I found WAL_FILES, which appears to
specify the number of files to create in advance, but it is no clear to me
that this limits the total number of WAL files created. Can this number be
exceeded as needed by the postmaster? If so, is there another parameter that
I'm missing to set a limit?

Are old WAL files deleted or re-used automatically when all of their
contents have been flushed to the DB, or should we be watching these &
either archiving or deleting old ones?

TIA,

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

Business:
nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop  - Court records at your fingertips - http://www.doxpop.com/

Personal:
nick@fankhausers.com   http://www.fankhausers.com

Сообщение: Re: Can't get postmaster to restart after removing WAL files
Сообщение: Re: Can't get postmaster to restart after removing WAL files