Re: Data partitioning

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Data partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I don't know what your application looks like, but we're handling a similar
situation by using several databases in a single cluster. In our case, the
apps are JDBC-based, so it is possible to open a connection pool to each
database & easily point the same application code at different sources. This
does *not* allow queries across the databases, but *does* allow us to use a
single instance of the application to serve up data from different databases
depending on who is asking for it. Would this address your needs?

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/