how to configure my new server

От philip johnson
Тема how to configure my new server
Дата
Re: how to configure my new server  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I've a new configuration for our web server

Processor    Processeur Intel Xeon 2.0 Ghz / 512 Ko de cache L2
Memoiry    1 Go DDR SDRAM
Disk1    18Go Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) SCSI 15 Ktpm
Disk2    18Go Hot Plug Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) SCSI 15 Ktpm
Disk3    18Go Hot Plug Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) SCSI 15 Ktpm
Disk4    18Go Hot Plug Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) SCSI 15 Ktpm
Disk5    36Go Hot Plug Ultra 3 (Ultra 160) SCSI 15 Ktpm

I will install a Mandrake 8.2

It's an application server that runs things other than just postgresql.
It also runs: apache + Php , bigbrother, log analyser.

At the moment, on my old server, there's postgresql 7.2.3
 my database takes 469M and there are approximatively
5 millions query per day

what values should I use for

linux values:
kernel.shmmni = 4096