Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?

От Cedric Dufour (Cogito Ergo Soft)
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

The 'Runtime configuration / General operation' part of the doc is quite
short on the subject.

Is there any other places to look for more details on this FSM ? What policy
should drive changes to the FSM settings ?

I guess allowing larger FSM values might improve UPDATE performance (require
VACUUM less often) but consume RAM that may be more useful elsewhere. Am I
right ?

Has any one made experience on that matter and what conclusion were drawn ?
In other words, shall we try to alter this FSM settings for better
perfomance or is it better to stick to a regular (shortly timed) VACUUM
scenario ?

    Cedric