Using older machines with PostgreSQL?

От Paul Ganainm
Тема Using older machines with PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Using older machines with PostgreSQL?  (Tomka Gergely <tomka@zeus.gau.hu>)
Список pgsql-novice

Hi all,

At home I have a Windows 1.6 GHz Pentium box which I use for accessing
the internet &c. I have two old machines doing nothing at the moment -
one is a late 486 (60 MHz) and the other is an early Pentium (75 MHz). I
have run Linux on both of these machines in the past.

I would like to set these older machines up to run PostgreSQL and
administer the dbs from the Windows box.

Are there any issues in doing this that I should be aware of (apart from
a speed penalty which I expect to have to pay)?

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.