Re: excluding a table from pg_dump

От Dario
Тема Re: excluding a table from pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
May be... you could dump your schema in plain format, (dump only schema),
create a new database, restore schema, and then do something like

psql -c "select \'pg_dump --table=\'||name||\'--disable-triggers
database_\' from pg_class where (condition that filters system
tables)">dumper.sh

(I'm not sure about escaping (or lack of) in quotes and pipes...)

your file will be full of:
pg_dump --table=table1 --disable-triggers  database_
pg_dump --table=table2 --disable-triggers  database_

then you could edit that file and delete the large table dump.
run the script to a generate your dump and filter for undesired things. then
run the file with psql. When things go wrong, start all over. This only is
usefull if you need to do it in a periodically basis. Otherwise I assume it
will be easier to do it by hand.

I never did it in postgresql. I will try to make it work and give you more
detail about the necesary steps, but only the next wednesday. May be someone
could complete (or refute this idea)

(My english is definitly bad)

greetings. long life and beer.