postgres 7.2.1 pg_restore large objects

От Dario Pudlo
Тема postgres 7.2.1 pg_restore large objects
Дата
Re: postgres 7.2.1 pg_restore large objects
Список pgsql-admin
Problem: Not being able to restore a database with lo. I have already read
forums and doc. Probably I'm loosing something, but I just can figure.

Reading forums I though I finally got a "right" way to do it.
I'm running this as OS user "postgres" which is a super user

pg_dump -Ft -o -b base > base.tar 2>log_err2 # If I untar the file, i see
table data, and blob data, toc and restore.sql.

createdb base2 //from OS shell

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_restore -Ft -s -v -d base2 base.tar  2>elogerr
#creates schema

psql -f src/contrib/lo.sql base2    #creates lo type and functions... my
base.tar includes lo type definition. O also tried to delete the type
previously, and did not make any difference. If I do not do this, pg_restore
claims that I lo and oid must be explicity casted. One more thing, I can't
make lo_manage to work (trigger type doesn't exist). I don use it anyway,
since I manage lo updates and delete from app. I delete blobs from app.

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_restore -Ft -a -v -d base2 base.tar 2>flogerr

the pg_restore fails with the following error.

----------------------------------
pg_restore log (flogerr file)
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error while updating column "tca_texto" of table
"tca": server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

----------------------------------
postgres log file
DEBUG:  server process (pid 25276) was terminated by signal 11
DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
----------------------------------

No table is updated.

I tried to create a table with oid column instead of lo, restore (worked in
this way), I renamed table, I created a table with lo datatype, but when I
tried to insert into ... , same error occurs.

before or while processing the request.

I have two different versions of postgres, one compiled by someone here, and
another version, installed via rpm.
unlikely, upgrading to a different version, is not an option, I probably
update to 7.2.(last version), but only if this specific problem is solved. I
have read the release section of the doc and did not apeared explicity...

greetings.

TIA to all

"Hoy es un buen dia para morir" (today is a good day to die, Klingon en
español)!