JDBC and servlet

От James Kelty
Тема JDBC and servlet
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We seem to be having an issue with the JDBC driver, Resin 2.0.5 servlet
engine, and/or postgres 7.1.2.

Basically what happens is this. In the Java Servlet code, the programmers
are making an explicit close connection call to the database through the
JDBC driver (As they should). Now! When the code us run from the command
line, instead of through the servlet engine (Resin 2.0.5), everything works
fine. The connection is made to the database, the SQL queries are run, the
output is taken, and the connection to the DB is closed. But! When run
through the servlet engine, the connection is never dropped, and we end up
with these stale connections to the DB, and eventually, we cannot connect,
since the older connections are never closed. Same code, same JVM, same
database, but Resin sits in the middle. Resin isn't really doing anything
other than passing the HTML output to Apache.

I am also posting this to caucho.com incase it is a Resin issue, but if
anyone has had this problem before, all help would be appreciated very much.
Thank you!

-James

James Kelty
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator