RE: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN

От Andrew Snow
Тема RE: Re: ALTER DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> So you are able to design your "real" applications completely without any
> problems, huh?  Never have a missing attribute; never an extra attribute;
> never an attribute in the wrong table; never having to
> split/normalize/denormalize for performance or other reasons,
> huh?

Yes, it does occasionally happen that you want to drop a column.  It can be
worked around by dropping/reloading the table.. I personally would find it
useful to have the ability to do it in a single command, no matter how
slow/innefficient the implementation is.  Just a matter of someone getting
around to writing it, I think...

- Andrew