postgres authentication

От Tena Sakai
Тема postgres authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi everybody,

I am having a problem with crating user.  It has to do
with authentication.  What I want is to authenticate
a user via an ldap server.

I created postgres account by:
    create user donder with
           createdb
           login
           in group analysis;

and added the following line to pg_hba.conf file:
    host    all     donder          ldap://amarula.egcrc.orgsent

sent a hup signal like this:
    pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data reload

When I become user donder to connect to database, this is what I get:
    psql: FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
    HINT:  See server log for details.

The serverlog says:
    LOG:  invalid IP address "ldap:" in file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf" line 55: Name or service not known
    FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
    HINT:  See server log for details.

I am looking at the manual, PostgreSQL 8.2.1 Documentation, chapter 20.
In section 20.2.5, they talk about ldap authentication, but it's
a bit sketchy.  The example given is:
  ldap://ldap.example.net/dc=example,dc=net;EXAMPLE\

I have no idea what "dc=" means, and what does ";EXAMPLE\" mean?
Can anyone please explain what this means?  If you have done
what I am trying to do, please furnish a working example.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu