problem with select into and timestamp.

От Geoff
Тема problem with select into and timestamp.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I've got a small problem with "select into".

I've got an old table with date and time as seperate text columns.
I want to insert these into a new table into 1 column as timestamp format.
I spent this morning looking at the 7.2 docs and spent ages working on
something that's not supported (i.e. the timestamp (date '2002-08-09', time
'11:29:00') ) function...arg!

could someone show me the light on how I can get this working correctly and
make my day easier.

many thanks

Geoff

This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error
please contact the sender by return e-mail and delete the message from your
computer.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not
given or endorsed by Metalogic PLC unless otherwise clearly indicated in
this message and the authority of the author to bind Metalogic is duly
verified.

Metalogic PLC accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the
context of this message which arise as a result of internet transmission.