Re: tsearch query plan

От Mark Lubratt
Тема Re: tsearch query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Apr 8, 2004, at 6:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Mark,
>
>> I've got one question about query planning.  Is it understandable to
>> have the query plan estimation be off by a couple of orders of
>> magnitude?  Or, is it the fact that the cost estimation is small to
>> begin with that the error between the actual and the estimated is
>> "normal"?
>
> Well, your example is not "a couple orders of magnitude".   6 vs. 32 is
> actually pretty good accuracy.
>
> Now, 6 vs 192 would potentially be a problem, let alone 32 vs 13,471.

I guess I was looking more at the cost estimate and not so much at the
rows estimate.  I agree that the row estimate wasn't too bad.  But the
cost estimate seems way out of line.

I'm somewhat new to examining explain analyze output and I'm looking at
this as more of an education, since the speed is certainly good anyway.
  I just expected the cost estimate to be more in line especially
immediately after an analyze.

-Mark