Re: Postgres 9.2 CPU Usage

От Vasiliy I Ozerov
Тема Re: Postgres 9.2 CPU Usage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hmm.. Thank you! I will try it!

--
Vasiliy I Ozerov

пятница, 20 декабря 2013 г. в 1:20, ktm@rice.edu написал:

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:56:47AM +0400, Vasiliy I Ozerov wrote:
Good day!

Sometimes ago we order new Dell (Dell PowerEdge T720 DX290) server, with this configuration:

1. 128 Gb DDR3 ECC RAM
2. Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620 Hexa Core incl. Hyper-Thrreading Tecknology
3. 2x 600Gb SSD With PERC H710 mini RAID 1

But we have a strange cpu usage by postgresql (LA about 4). But there is no a lot of requests or heavy requests. We use pgbouncer, so postgresql doesn’t accept connections from users, only from pgbouncer. And the number of active requests per second is about 5:

I think it is some misconfiguration issue, so can you help me with some config/sysctl options for such server?

Thank you!

Hi Vasiliy,

I think this may not be a PostgreSQL related problem, but a BIOS configuration
problem. Dell used to ship servers with the BIOS set for performance mode, i.e.
100% at all times, now they ship with more energy thrifty defaults. We had a
similar problem and by setting the BIOS to performance mode and rebooting, the
phantom load vanished.

Regards,
Ken