persistent 'psql: FATAL: "listen_addresses" cannot be changed after server start

От David Rovner
Тема persistent 'psql: FATAL: "listen_addresses" cannot be changed after server start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have searched the archives database, with no luck.

After some network configuration changes (IP changes and some editing to config files which may have been interrupted buy shutdowns), I cannot get past this error:

'psql: FATAL: "listen_addresses" cannot be changed after server start

I rename the data directory, and do a new “service postgresql initdb”. Still the error is persistent. Shutdown, no change.

As if there is some lingering filelock somewhere???

Please help. I am considering re-installing, but would rather not….

Thanks,

Dave Rovner

Princeton Server Group