Re: Finetuning Autovacuum

От Benjamin Krajmalnik
Тема Re: Finetuning Autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, Scott.
I would think that we would reach some sort of steady state, yet the tables appear to continue to grow.

Looking at the running processes from the server status in pgAdmin, I can see that one table has been under autovacuum
for2.5 hours (vacuum/analyze).

I just ran it manually and it took < 7 seconds.  For reference, the table has 48000 rows
These are the results:

INFO:  vacuuming "public.tblksaura"INFO:  scanned index "tblksaura_kstestssysid_key" to remove 2087069 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.00s/0.08u sec elapsed 0.09 sec.INFO:  scanned index "tblksaura_pkey" to remove 2087069 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.01s/0.08u sec elapsed 0.09 sec.INFO:  scanned index "tblksaura_idx_time" to remove 2087069 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.03s/0.44u sec elapsed 0.50 sec.INFO:  scanned index "tblksaura_idx_kstestssysid" to remove 2087069 row
versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.01s/0.31u sec elapsed 0.33 sec.INFO:  "tblksaura": removed 2087069 row versions in 112510 pages
DETAIL:  CPU 0.20s/0.40u sec elapsed 0.63 sec.
INFO:  index "tblksaura_kstestssysid_key" now contains 48166 row versions in 822 pages
DETAIL:  152098 index row versions were removed.
24 index pages have been deleted, 24 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  index "tblksaura_pkey" now contains 48170 row versions in 824 pages
DETAIL:  147284 index row versions were removed.
25 index pages have been deleted, 24 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  index "tblksaura_idx_time" now contains 48257 row versions in 9495 pages
DETAIL:  715673 index row versions were removed.
6669 index pages have been deleted, 4738 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.INFO:  index "tblksaura_idx_kstestssysid" now contains 48257 row versions in 5083
pages
DETAIL:  715953 index row versions were removed.
256 index pages have been deleted, 101 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  "tblksaura": found 38128 removable, 47802 nonremovable row versions in 142382 out of 146932 pages
DETAIL:  28 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 614222 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.88s/1.86u sec elapsed 2.81 sec.
INFO:  vacuuming "pg_toast.pg_toast_92876"INFO:  scanned index "pg_toast_92876_index" to remove 6103 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.INFO:  "pg_toast_92876": removed 6103 row versions in 675 pages
DETAIL:  CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  index "pg_toast_92876_index" now contains 17163 row versions in 956 pages
DETAIL:  6103 index row versions were removed.
568 index pages have been deleted, 550 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  "pg_toast_92876": found 4465 removable, 16949 nonremovable row versions in 1288 out of 5200 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 45124 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.01s/0.02u sec elapsed 0.03 sec.INFO:  analyzing "public.tblksaura"INFO:  "tblksaura": scanned 30000 of 146932
pages,containing 9832 live rows and 72 dead rows; 9832 rows in sample, 48155 estimated total rowsTotal query runtime:
6937ms.

Any suggestions on how to better tune autovacuum, or alternatively do you recommend just running a vacuum analyze as a
pgagentscheduled task?