Re: Detecting DB corruption

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Detecting DB corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Oct 31, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Seriously, if you're facing DB corruption then something is already
> horribly wrong with your setup.

True, but. In a past life, complaints from the db (it was a db that stored a checksum with every block) were the very
firstsymptom when something went horribly wrong with the hardware. (Partial short between wires of an internal SCSI
cable;eventually we determined that about every 1MB, 1 bit would get flipped between the controller & disk.)

So, if there were an official db verifier tool for PG, I for one would have it run periodically.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com