offsite warm backup suggestions?

От John Sequeira
Тема offsite warm backup suggestions?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have a question about configuring a warm spare.

I'm on a project that's looking to deploy a fairly transaction-intensive
application (250K inserts/day) running on a linux/apache/mod_perl/postgres
setup and would like to implement an offsite warm spare (as warm as
possible).  The warm spare would be for disaster recovery as opposed to
failover.  In the SQL Server/Oracle worlds I'm more familiar with I believe
I'm looking for something like log shipping.

Does anyone have successful experience using rsync/usogres or one of the pg
replication projects to accomplish this?

Commercial solutions are acceptable,  though OSS solutions are preferred.

Thanks,

John

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.� Try MSN!