Re: I have a question about Database management

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: I have a question about Database management
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Without knowing more details about what version of postgres and type of activities going on,etc, it may be hard to figure out what's going out. However, one maintenance operation that you want to make sure it happens to is to run vacuum/analyze periodically so that expired tuples can be re-used, and your statistics get updated in the db system catalog.

--
  Husam

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of nineday
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:06 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] I have a question about Database management

I have a trouble.
My DBMS is PostgreSQL which is accessory to Red hat 9.0.
At the initial stages, it was very quick when select ,but operated for several months , it  become to very slow ,especially in a pivotal table.
So,I exported data ,and recreate tables , finally import data, it get right .

I do not know why. and what is the solution to my trouble
                    Thank you very much ~~

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                                                                                                         FADLD Tag