Re: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO

От Strange, John W
Тема Re: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Test,

Sorry trying to fix why my email is getting formatted to bits when posting to the list.

- John

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Strange, John
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 1:01 PM
To: Ben Chobot; Merlin Moncure
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org Performance
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO

This has gotten a lot better with the 2.x drivers as well.

I'm completely aware of the FusionIO and it's advantages/disadvantages.. I'm currently getting the following pgbench
resultsbut still only hitting the array for about 800MB/sec, short of the 3GB/sec that it's capable of.  This is simply
atrash DB for us to store results in for short periods of time.  If something bad was to happen we can regenerate the
results. So performance with limited risk is what we are looking to achieve.

asgprod@ASH01_riskresults $ pgbench -v -j 4 -t 200000 -c 16 -h localhost -p 4410 pgbench_10000

starting vacuum...end.

starting vacuum pgbench_accounts...end.

transaction type: TPC-B (sort of)

scaling factor: 10000

query mode: simple

number of clients: 16

number of threads: 4

number of transactions per client: 200000

number of transactions actually processed: 3200000/3200000