Re: Testing FusionIO

От Kenny Gorman
Тема Re: Testing FusionIO
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Greg,

Did you ever contact them and get your hands on one?

We eventually did see long SSD rebuild times on server crash as well.  But data came back uncorrupted per my blog post.
This is a good case for Slony Slaves.  Anyone in a high TX low downtime environment would have already engineered
aroundneeding to wait for rebuild/recover times anyway.  So it's not a deal killer in my view.

-kg

On Mar 8, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> Ben Chobot wrote:
>> We've enjoyed our FusionIO drives very much. They can do 100k iops without breaking a sweat. Just make sure you shut
themdown cleanly - it can up to 30 minutes per card to recover from a crash/plug pull test.

> Yeah...I got into an argument with Kenny Gorman over my concerns with how they were handling durability issues on his
blog,the reading I did about them never left me satisfied Fusion was being completely straight with everyone about this
area: http://www.kennygorman.com/wordpress/?p=398

> If it takes 30 minutes to recover, but it does recover, I guess that's better than I feared was the case with them.
Thanksfor reporting the plug pull tests--I don't trust any report from anyone about new storage hardware that doesn't
includethat little detail as part of the testing.  You're just asking to have your data get lost without that basic due
diligence,and I'm sure not going to even buy eval hardware from a vendor that appears evasive about it.  There's a
reasonI don't personally own any SSD hardware yet.