initdb fails after installation on Mac OS X 10.2

От Craig Lawton
Тема initdb fails after installation on Mac OS X 10.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I've had PostgreSQL 7.1.3 running (Mac OS X) for a while.  I recently
upgraded to MAC OS X 10.2 (and it appeared that my 7.1.3 install of
PostgreSQL no longer works).  So I've been trying to upgrade to 7.3.
The installation package ran fine.  However, when I ran the initdb
command, it failed.  The only thing I did in preparation for installing
7.3 was to wipe the contents of /usr/local/pgsql/data.  This is the
error when I run the following command:

.
.
.
[Craig-Lawtons-Computer:/usr/local/pgsql] postgres%
/usr/local/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... dyld:
/usr/local/bin/postgres Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/bin/postgres undefined reference to _crypt expected to be
defined in /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
/usr/local/bin/initdb: line 582:  2642 Trace/BPT trap
"$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1 $PGSQL_OPT $BACKEND_TALK_ARG template1

initdb failed.
.
.
.