rules

От Jie Liang
Тема rules
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 5:19 PM
To: Nico De Ranter
Cc: postgres-list
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] "IDENT authentication failed" but I'm not using
ident

Nico De Ranter <nico@sonycom.com> writes:
> \connect: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "nico"

> I changed /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf so it only contains
>   local    all     all   trust=20
> and restarted postgres but I still get the same error message. Any
> idea why the import complains about IDENT authentication when=20 I'm
> not even using it and how to get around it?

If you're getting that message then you *are* using IDENT auth. My bet
is that you changed the wrong config file.  /etc/postgresql is not a
very standard name for a Postgres data directory ...

> BTW: is there a way to create a database and then change ownership to
> somebody else?

No, but you can do it in one step.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-createdatabase.html

               http://archives.postgresql.org