Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: problems logging in through phpPgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sep 26, 2011, at 3:16 PM, Davenport, Julie wrote:

> psql srn_mst
>
> and it will get me into the database whether I have the line set to trust or md5.  And does not ask for a password
eitherway (never does).  This is how I always access the database from the command line.

Right, because you are trusting local connections and that is what is used because there is no -h option provided.

> When I tried the way you suggested:
>
> psql -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1 -d srn_mst
>
> if set to trust, this logs me in (does not ask for password of course).
> If set to md5, this command asks me for password, but when I put it in, gives me this error:
> psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"
> (same as what is happening through the application).

Which means that you don't really know the postgres password :). If you can't access postgres this way, it is not going
towork with phpPgAdmin either. You can login using the local connection and then change the postgres password.

> Yes, PHP and phpPgAdmin and postgresql are all running on the same linux server (where this database srn_mst
resides).

> This is the enry in my phppgadmin conf file config.inc.php for this server:
> // Soarapp
>        $conf['servers'][3]['desc'] = 'Soarapp';
>        $conf['servers'][3]['host'] = 'localhost';
>        $conf['servers'][3]['port'] = 5432;
>        $conf['servers'][3]['defaultdb'] = 'template1';
>        $conf['servers'][3]['pg_dump_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dump';
>        $conf['servers'][3]['pg_dumpall_path'] = '/usr/bin/pg_dumpall';
> Not sure if that is what your question refers to...

I was referring to the "host" setting. If you get the password fixed where it works with psql and it still does not
workwith phpPgAdmin, try changing the host setting to 127.0.0.1.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: PG 9.1 Replication class advise
От: Kasia Tuszynska
Сообщение: problem with the postgres db user