New eRServer patch/fork release

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема New eRServer patch/fork release
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A new build of my modifications to eRServer is available at
http://grayling.ravensfield.com. Changes/fixes:

* Fixed existing column as unique problem
I had a bug in the replication threads that manifested itself if you
used existing columns as the unique column. Caused everything to stop.

* Added RMI signaling structure
There is now an RMI-based signaling structure to the whole thing.
Currently, it only supports shutdown, but will eventually support
reseting the
various column caches and table maps so you can modify table schemas
without having to restart erserver. There is no security at all on it
yet. I
probably ought to require the master password for remote operations.

* Added org.psotgresql.ers.ERSCtl
Signaling app.

* Modified ers_ctl to use the shutdown signal
Cleaner way to shut the thing down. Using the current ers_ctl will
still work fine (except when it screws up on its own accord).

* Added org.postgresql.ers.ERSExecSQL
This will execute an arbitrary SQL statement on the master and slaves
(default is slaves first). When I get the signaling down proper, this
will allow
you to add columns etc. on the fly.

* Added by-table unique column setting while adding multiple tables
from a file or command line
So you can do the following things:

java org.postgresql.ers.ERSAddTable table1 table2,col1

which will add table1 using '_ers_uniq' and table2 using 'col1', or:

java org.postgresql.ers.ERSAddTable -u _uniq table1 table2,col1 table3

which will add table1 and table3 with '_uniq' and table2 with col1.

Questions, comments, bugs, flames, etc. let me know.

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com

Сообщение: Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and MOVE
Сообщение: Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and