Re: slow transfer speeds with PostgreSQL

От AgentM
Тема Re: slow transfer speeds with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Aug 3, 2006, at 19:39 , hansell baran wrote:

When we run the following query "SELECT * FROM big_table", we get the following resutls:

Very different results are obtained if a the query "SELECT * from big_table ORDER BY "some_column"". In this scenario

You should perform your test with queries which are identical or similar to the queries which the database will really be seeing. Anything else isn't really relevant for tuning because different configurations cater to different types of workloads.

-M