Re: Best OS for Postgres 8.2

От Ron
Тема Re: Best OS for Postgres 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I am using FC6 in production for our pg 8.2.4 DB server and am quite
happy with it.

The big advantage with FC6 for me was that the FC6 team seems to keep
more current with the latest stable revs of most OSSW (including
kernel revs!) better than any of the other major distros.

(Also, SE Linux is a =good= thing security-wise.  If it's good enough
for the NSA...)

Downside is that initial install and config can be a bit complicated.

We're happy with it.

Cheers,
Ron Peacetree