Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Ron
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
At 02:28 PM 12/11/2006, Merlin Moncure wrote:

>also, some people posting here, not necessarily me, are authority figures. :-)
>
>merlin

Noam Chomsky was one of the most influential thinkers in Linguistics
to yet have lived.  He was proven wrong a number of times.  Even
within Linguistics.
There are plenty of other historical examples.

As others have said, opinion without evidence and logic is just that- opinion.
And even Expert Opinion has been known to be wrong.  Sometimes very much so.

Part of what makes an expert an expert is that they can back up their
statements with evidence and logic that are compelling even to the
non expert when asked to do so.

All I'm saying is let's all remember how "assume" is spelled and
support the getting of some hard data.
Ron Peacetree

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations