Securing Postgres Installation on multi-user server

От xf86
Тема Securing Postgres Installation on multi-user server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Anybody knows, how to set-up secure postgres server in multi-user environment correctly? In my case postgres should
startautomatically, but any user has to supply password in order to connect. I've tried to use:

local all pgsql ident sameuser
local all all   md5

as pg_hba.conf configuration - it worked in 7.3.x releases, but doesn't work now - server could not start - it writes a
lotof:

FATAL:  08P01: invalid frontend message type 0
LOCATION:  SocketBackend, postgres.c:366

error messages.

Does anybody know what kind of error it is?
Thanks in advance,
Alex.

P.S.: I'm using FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE, postgres 7.4 has been installed from the ports collection.