Re: postmaster crashing

От psql-mail@freeuk.com
Тема Re: postmaster crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> psql-mail@freeuk.com writes:
> > I have set "ulimit -c unlimited" as you sugested,
> > i then copied postmaster to /home/postgres
> > and ran it as postgres from there...
> > but still no core files. Where should they appear?
>
> In $PGDATA/base/yourdbnumber/core (under some OSes the file name
might
> be "core" plus a number).
>
>             regards, tom lane

I have one core file (yes just one despite many duplications of the
problem)
and i can't get another one to appear. This one came from $PGDATA/db_
num
as you said, and had .number on the end.
I think the core file is from an instance of run postmaster from within
gdb as
it has the signal 5 rather than 11.

Below is the gdb output.

Thank you for your help!

Core was generated by `postgres: mat test [local] SELECT               '