Problems running postgres on XFS+LVM on Linux

От David Stanaway
Тема Problems running postgres on XFS+LVM on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am in the process of migrating a test system to using SGI's
linux-2.4-xfs kernel, and have moved
postgresql's /var/lib/postgres/data onto a seperate lv formated with XFS.

Now postmaster fails to start correctly and consumes 100% of one CPU.

I haven't tried getting a core from the broken postmaster yet to se what
code section is is locked in, as I thought that I would see if this is a
know problem first.

The version of postgresql I have is: 7.1.2
The version of linux is 2.4.6-pre7-xfs
The distribution of linux is progeny/newton + some debian/sid packages
built from source
(The postgresql package is the debian/sid 7.1.2-1 package)

Here is the output from df -h
/dev/main_lvm/pgdata   47M   21M   26M  44% /var/lib/postgres/data

.. from top:
   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME
COMMAND
  3766 postgres  14   0  1240 1240   972 R       0 99.7  0.4   0:09
postmaster

..from psql
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
         Is the postmaster running locally
         and accepting connections on Unix socket
'/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

..from ls -lA /var/run/postgresql/
total 0

--