Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues

От Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD
Тема Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "SELECT *".  It's unfortunate that we have to go through another
initdb
> / pg_dump on these, but I understand the arguments for the change, and
> we did know it was still beta when we decided to go that way.

You can certainly find a workaround to not need an initdb.
drop indexes based on the changed to_char function,
verify other incompatible changes since beta3 ?? anybody think of
something else ?
shutdown the db,
binary edit the new version into pg_control,
start db with new version,
recreate the changed system view,
recreate indexes dropped above.

It is just that this is not automated. But if we make a list of the
initdb forcing
changes, it should be possible.

Andreas