Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware

От: Lars
Тема: Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Lars, )
 Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Lars, )
 Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  ("Strange, John W", )
  Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  ("Mark Felder", )
  Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Lars, )
 Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  ("mark", )
  Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Lars, )
   Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Craig Ringer, )
    Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Andy Colson, )
     Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Lars, )
 Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Craig Ringer, )
 Re: Migrating to Postgresql and new hardware  (Scott Marlowe, )

> Are you going to RAID the SSD drives at all?
Yes, I was thinking four drives in RAID 10 and a (hot) spare drive...

> Of course this is based on my experience, and I have my fireproof suit since
> I mentioned the word fusionIO :)
Hehe

FusionIO has some impressive stats!
SSD in RAID10 provides redundancy in case of disc failure. How do you handle this with fusionIO? Two mirrored cards?

/Lars

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: Running PostgreSQL as fast as possible no matter the consequences
От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: the XID question