Re: 8.0 install via fink on OS X, now what?

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: 8.0 install via fink on OS X, now what?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 29.05.2006, at 19:56 Uhr, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> Now finally getting comfortable on the new PowerBook, and after weeks
> of whining about no OS X packages I discovered the fink binaries,
> which I dutifully installed last night.

Bad idea. They are normally old, install in stupid locations, are not
very well documented on what, how and where they install.

It is better (and easy enough) to install from source. Only thing you
need are the Xcode Tools from Apple. If you really need a package,
send me a mail, I have a package somewhere (8.1.3) or I can build a
8.1.4 installer package.

A very good installation tutorial is here:

http://home.exetel.com.au/lachlandeck/blog/?p=7

cug